Why work for six degrees?
Six Degrees is one of Australia’s leading architectural practices. We design functional, aesthetic and sustainable environments that are commercially smart.
Our team of creative, expert and experienced multi-disciplinary architects, architectural graduates, and designers have a passion for design and the craft of architecture.
Six Degrees is seeking a Senior Architect (Interiors) with 8+ years’ experience to work on a range of commercial, institutional and multi‑residential projects.
The purpose of this key role is to consolidate Six Degrees’ approach to interior design and materiality. Reporting to the Manager of Design and Manager of Delivery, the Senior Architect (Interiors) will actively participate in the discussion, collaborate and drive direction of Six Degrees’ approach to interiors.
Skills and Capabilities
1. Has experience designing and documenting multi-residential, commercial and education interiors.
2. Has strong understanding of important regulatory issues.
3. Has an understanding of external materials and building systems to effectively collaborate with architects on project teams.
4. Can produce technical documentation (drawings and schedules) in both REVIT and Autocad to a high standard.
5. Has a strong appreciation for design, and the ability to enrich and communicate a strong design concept.
6. Is a good listener.
7. Is a very good communicator about design both internally and with clients and stakeholders.
8. Is a critical and holistic thinker who understands how their work interacts with the whole building process.
9. Has excellent interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate.
10. Is focused, organised and works with clear attention to detail.
11. Advocates for the benefit of good interior design to elevate architecture.
12. Drives and coordinates the Six Degrees interior design direction, and communicates that internally and to clients in a sophisticated manner.
13. Leads project/s with an interior design focus (ranging from $1m – 5m).
14. Acts as interface when required between Six Degrees and external documentation teams for interior documentation and schedules on major projects.
15. Develops REVIT libraries for interiors in collaboration with the BIM Manager.
16. Liaises with sub-consultants and suppliers for quick resolution of site issues.
17. Works with the Library Manager on the interiors component of the materials library.
18. Educates staff on how to effectively choose interiors materials for their projects
19. Keeps up-to-date on new interiors materials and communicates that to the office.
20. Demonstrates intelligent and empathetic approach to design in consideration of how different people use space.
21. The Six Degrees approach to interiors is understood by all members of the Six Degrees office.
22. Participates in and introduces continual professional development (supported by the company) to ensure they are up-to-date with professional responsibilities and industry developments eg changes in building codes.
23. Projects run on time and budget, and teams enjoy the process.
24. Contribute to development and improvements generously across the business, regardless of whether an issue relates to an explicit area of your responsibility.
To join our team for this position, please forward your CV and portfolio (under 10MB) with Senior Architect (Interiors) in the subject heading to email@example.com by Tuesday 7th August.